Thursday, October 7, 2010

Emirates Airline online Visa Application Service (VFS Global)



I just booked an Emirates Airline flight and was excited at the fact that I can now apply for my visa via the emirates.com booking portal for Dubai since I was going to be in transit.  So I scanned all the documents into my computer and uploaded it as requested like the passport copy, proof of address and pasport picture.  Then I paid for the visa + an additional security deposit.

I got an email a few hours later asking for all visas to the Europe and USA and if I was ever declined entry to the above.  I mean really, wtf does this have to do with Dubai?  So I reply with all the info and then I get an email asking for proof of an investment of $8000 or more.  Are these guys for real??

Sent them the investment details and the application is still pending after travelling to Dubai 5 times previously without a hitch.  I then find out Emirates outsourced the Visa Application process to VFS Global who is based in INDIA.  What a whirlwind frustrating, annoying, irratating experience.  My advice is to book with a travel agent for your visas. DO NOT USE THE ONLINE SERVICE, take my word for it....




No comments:

Post a Comment