Monday, October 12, 2009

Hotel Review: Marco Polo Hotel - Dubai

ai
I travelled to Dubai recently and stayed at the Marco Polo Hotel in Dubai.  It is located in Deira Dubai (Old Dubai).  I wouldnt know where to start, this has to be the crappiest hotel I have ever stayed in my life.  It is graded as a 4 star hotel but damn the UAE grading system.  This hotel wouldnt even get a 2 star rating from me.  The room is dirty with a slightly stained bathroom.  Ultra noisy, old decor, bad breakfast and a long list of other negative factors. 

The hotel on a one way street so taxi drivers love to cart you down the road before they can make a u-turn which costs atleast $1-2 each time.  You have to take the taxi across the road everytime you leave the hotel.

I recommend the Sheraton on the same road if you choose the area for any particular reason or the Radisson Blu Hotel situated on the creek, about 5 minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment